- Practice is Perfect
- What if you could free up your brain to put your creativity into turbo overdrive?
- I motivated him to start. He was inspired to stay.
- You can run, but you can’t hide.
- The only productivity tip you’ll ever need.
- Because “Every other day plus weekends” is too complicated.
- Learning is Cumulative
- The $20,335 Recurring Passive Income Post
- The Cruise Ship & The Sailboat
- What if you had one decision less to make Every Single Day?
- Oh baby, it’s cold outside. (AKA: No one will notice if we don’t do this.)
There are so many reasons (aka excuses) we shouldn’t do this.
But we have, we do, we will.
Let’s do a quick roll call, see who’s in attendance:
- It’s really cold outside.
- No one else is out here (see point #1).
- No one is forcing us to go outside.
- No one will notice if we do it–or if we don’t.
- It’s below freezing. That means water turns to ice, fingers turn into sticks and there aren’t even puddles, but little frozen ice rinks for ants (refer to #1).
- It might not help us improve.
- Maybe we’ll break a finger (see #5).
- We want to get better and we’re curious to know how to get there.
- It’s warmer inside.
- They have hot fries in the deep fryer at Kwalitaria. Calling out our names, waiting on us, patiently.
- Something larger than us is pulling us outside to practice.
- It’s not as accurate to shoot with gloves on.
- I think the basketball is frozen and will break.
That settles it. Let’s see, it’s about 11-2 in favor of the let’s-just-stay-inside-and-say-that-we-went-out.
Which are the 2? Can you find them? Maybe it’s only 1. Maybe 1 will beat out the other 12. Maybe 1 student will beat out the other 12. Maybe 1 team will win over the rest of the 12 other teams. One book will rocket to the top. One artist will rise above the others.
Because you can’t stop learning, won’t stop soaking it up, can only get stronger, smarter, better, faster and have more and more fun doing it.
Maybe you have a #14 that drives you. Maybe your own #14 is stronger than the other 13 and the next 13 to come. Do you recognize it? Can you put your finger on it? It’s OK if you can’t, it’s perfectly fine if you can’t put a label on it–labels are overrated anyway. It’s a knowing that ranks higher than any doing or trying or even being.
What’s your one thing that’s keeping you moving? Keeping you not only in the game, but maybe even on top of your game?
- Possible: try
- Impossible: hope
- Repossible: know
For me, it’s a combination of #11 with a heaping dose of #8. For my son, who wanted to go out in the first place, I think it’s #11, then #8, but they could all just go down in flames because #10 is right in front of him.
[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”yes” overflow=”visible”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”][/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]