NaNoWriMo is just around the corner. Are you prepared?
Lu and I read the first few chapters of The Secret of Markree Castle to catch up with what was happening with the 4 boys for the 3 days in 1 castle. We’re gearing up for the writing marathon (or is it a sprint?) of NaNoWriMo which starts November 1.
What’s going to happen to Dan? He disappeared at the end of book #1. On November 1, we may find out.
What are you doing to prepare for NaNoWriMo?
- If you’re doing a series, are you up to speed with the previous books?
- If it’s a brand-new book, is your outline ready?
- Do you have character sketches?
- Have you built your book sales page?
- How are you feeling? Nervous?
I can recommend reading something you’re proud of to build your confidence. Tonight, reading the first few chapters of Markree Castle and having Lu laugh at loud a few times gave me the chills and reminded me precisely and passionately why I do what I do. For him to see his name in the book, for him to see that he ‘said’ something funny in the story and then read that he gestured with his hand ‘teenage-girl-popstar style’ had him out of bed and doing his funky dance.
If he’s excited, I’m excited. I can’t wait to see what happens to the boys in the second book. Looking forward to NaNoWriMo. Are you?
- Possible: write a book
- Impossible: write a sequel (w/o writing the first book)
- Repossible: read the first book aloud with your son and get some laughs