In other words, do you have a free downloadable giveaway for your newsletter readers?Cara Grinels of Hot Mama Pilates needed to set up a free download to offer new mailing list subscribers. Yeah, I need to do that, too. In fact, most of us do. It’s an important part of your marketing strategy to pique that interest of the passer-by or potential client or reader or buyer.
How is it that something I’ve been needing/wanting to do forever I can do for someone else in the course of an hour and two iced teas?
But when you do something for someone else, it’s often easier. Is this the same thing as someone else’s dinner tastes better than your own? I don’t know, but we need to learn from what we help others with and we need to help ourselves.
In case you were wondering how to do this, here’s my quick cheat sheet to get your freebie giveaway to your fans.
- Use a WordPress site.
- Sign up for MailChimp and create a list.
- Create a “Final Welcome Email” where you can put in a link to your PDF/file.
- Buy the Bloom plugin and connect Bloom to MailChimp.
- Create your optin in Bloom. Make it pretty. Make sure it’s clear what you’re offering.
- Promote your download!
(No, I’m not going to explain how to do all of that.)
The important part is that you’re giving away something that people value. What is that for you? What is that for them? It’s important to figure out. It’s important for us to figure out at Repossible. In fact, this is my kick in the pants post to show me what I do for others that I need to do for me.
Need more social proof?
- 9 Irresistible Incentives That’ll Grow Your Email List Like Crazy
- Grow Your Email List: How to Get Subscribers, Organize Lists and Follow Spam Laws
- 4 Ways To Build Your Email List Today (Without Spending Time Learning New Tactics)
So what would it be? What would Repossible readers want as a free document that they would value? That’s what I need to figure out.
- Possible: do onto others
- Impossible: do onto you
- Repossible: do unto you as you do onto others